CPM Scanner / Stacker
This is a full time position with benefits. The employee will perform duties as required to work inside the mushroom harvesting facilities at JM Farms. The shift is Sunday through Tuesday and every other Wednesday. The employee will play an important role in the day to day operations at the growing facility.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform essential duties in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform appropriate work functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) on the safe handling and proper scanning and/or stacking of product at the Crop Production Management (CPM) station.
· Ensuring that product in containers meets quality standards
· Daily cleaning of equipment and area.
· Accurate completion of daily logs and reports according to the SOP
· Adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) for food processing
· Good communication with supervisors and other employees both within the department and with satellite harvesting facilities.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
· General housekeeping duties
· Wrapping, labeling and moving pallets
Requirements and Skills:
· Must be at least eighteen years of age
· Must have an eye for detail
· Must be able to report to the facility where the work station is located each day. The assigned station will change occasionally.
· Must be able to work early mornings as well as weekends and holidays
· Ability to adhere closely to SOP’s
· Proven abilities to work independently and productively with limited supervision and collaboratively as part of a team
· Self-motivation and honesty
· Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty pounds
· Bilingual is a plus, but is not required
· Previous QA experience a plus but is not required.
Must be able to tolerate cold as most scanning stations are located in coolers where the temperature is between 38 and 45 degrees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The physical requirements listed below are rated on a percentage per workday basis. Reference is made according to the terms "Seldom" (1-19%), "Occasional" (20-39%), "Frequent" (40-79%), and "Continuous" (80-100%).
· STANDING/WALKING: Continuous
· SITTING: Seldom
· LIFTING/CARRYING: Continuous
· PUSHING/PULLING: Continuous
· REACHING/STRETCHING: Continuous
· HANDLING: Continuous
· BENDING/STOOPING: Continuous
· KNEELING: Seldom
· CLIMBING: Seldom
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, but is intended to describe the general nature of the job, and does not restrict the manager’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. JM Farms is an agricultural farm that only pays straight time. It is a 7 day a week and 365 day a year mushroom growing operation. Benefits include health insurance, 401K, vacation, and earned time.