This is a full time position with benefits. The technician will perform duties as required to work in the mushroom growing facility at JM Farms. This position is a five day work week averaging 32-40 hours per week depending on production needs. The technician will play an important role in the day to day operations at the growing facility.
To perform this job successfully,the individual must be able to perform essential duties in a satisfactorymanner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,skills, and abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform appropriatework functions.
· Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)on the safe handling and proper use of water tree equipment along with theproper removal and control of mushroom crop related diseases
· Following SOP’s on the safe handling ofhazardous chemicals and strictly adhering to the procedures
· Performing calibrations as needed
· Accurate completion of daily logs and reportsaccording to the SOP
· Adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices(GMP’s) for food processing
· Monitoring the performance of watering equipment
· Good communication with supervisors and otheremployees
· Harvesting mushrooms as needed
· General housekeeping duties
· Other jobs as needed
· Must be at least eighteen years of age
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Basic math skills
· Must be able to work early mornings as well asweekends and holidays
· Ability to adhere closely to SOP’s
· Proven abilities to work independently andproductively with limited supervision and collaboratively as part of a team
· Self-motivation and honesty
· Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty pounds
· Bilingual is a plus, but is not required
The physical demands describedhere are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. The physicalrequirements listed below are rated on a percentage per workday basis. Reference is made according to the terms"Seldom" (1-19%), "Occasional" (20-39%),"Frequent" (40-79%), and "Continuous" (80-100%).
The work environmentcharacteristics described here are representative of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This is not intended to be anall-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, butis intended to describe the general nature of the job, and does not restrictthe manager’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to thisjob at any time. JM Farms is an agricultural farm that only pays straight time.It is a 7 day a week and 365 day a year mushroom growing operation. Benefitsinclude health insurance, 401K, vacation, and earned time.
Also, you can apply inperson at Penmac located at 103 E Central Suite 100 Miami, OK 74354.