This is a full time position with benefits. The packer will perform duties as required to work inside the mushroom processing facility at JM Foods in temperatures of 35 to 40 deg. This position is a four day workweek averaging 40-50 hours per week depending on production needs.
To perform this job successfully,the individual must be able to perform essential duties in a satisfactorymanner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,skills, and abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform appropriatework functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Scale tills of exotic mushrooms to weight
· Grade product for quality and presentation
· Wrap, Label and date Packages of mushrooms
· Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
· Adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices(GMP’s) for food processing
· Good communication with supervisors and otheremployees
· Hourly cleaning and organization of work areas
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Other jobs as needed
Requirements and Skills
· Must be at least eighteen years of age
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Must be able to read and write in English
· Must be able to work early mornings as well asweekends and holidays
· Must be able to move hands at a continuous fastpace to keep up with product flow
· Ability to adhere closely to SOP’s
· Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty pounds
· Proven abilities to work independently andproductively with limited supervision, and collaboratively as part of a team
· Self-motivation and honesty
The physical demands describedhere are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. The physicalrequirements listed below are rated on a percentage per workday basis. Reference is made according to the terms"Seldom" (1-19%), "Occasional" (20-39%),"Frequent" (40-79%), and "Continuous" (80-100%).
The work environmentcharacteristics described here are representative of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This is not intended to be anall-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, butis intended to describe the general nature of the job, and does not restrictthe manager’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to thisjob at any time. JM Foods is a 7 day a week and 365 day a year mushroom processingoperation. Benefits include health insurance, 401K, vacation, and earned time.