Local Truck Driver
Date of Opening:
July 23, 2021
$11 per hour
Responsible for transporting goods to and from different locations within a designated geographic area. Ensure that goods are well-secured during transit and delivered to customers in a timely manner. This position plays an important role in the day-to-day operations of moving product to and from each facility.
Essential Job Functions
This position is responsible for all of the following:
- Local Truck Driver Satellite – Load and unload mushrooms and supplies to and from satellite Farms. Drive a 26 foot box truck, and a day cab and pup trailer, use yard truck to move trailers around lot and in and out of shipping docks
- Local Truck Driver Tray – Load and unload mushroom bed trays to and from satellites with a forklift. Drive a 53 foot curtain side trailer, pulls tarps on curtain side trailers
- Local Truck Driver Compost – Load and unload mushrooms compost to and from destinations set by J-M Farms
- Operate different lifting machinery such as pallet jacks, order pickers, side loaders, reach fork trucks, and counterbalance forklifts depending on the tasks they need to complete the job
- Liaising with dispatch to communicate any traffic issues and delays
- Assisting in the loading and unloading of goods, using hand trucks and electric lifts and this may require push/ pull with a pallet jack up to 1,200lbs
- Drive tractor/trailer and both standard and automatic transmissions including 10 speed
- Maintaining the company truck, which includes washing and cleaning it, reporting any issues, checking all fluids, monitoring tire pressure, and performing minor repairs as needed
- Maintaining a log detailing the information needed per job. (they do not have to have logs, however we use “product tracking sheets” “tray tracking sheets”.
- Performs other related duties as requested
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) on the safe handling and proper use of machines and tools used for the operations
- Adherence to Good Agricultural Practices (GAP’s) for food processing
- Adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) for food processing
- Accurate completion of daily logs and reports according to the SOP
- Regular contact with all levels of personnel throughout the organization
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
- Other tasks assigned by manager
- Professionalism, flexibility and creativity
- Ability to learn and work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workflow
- Regular and reliable attendance
- High School Diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Driver's License and a clean driving record
- Able to drive both standard and automatic transmissions including 10 speed
- Proven abilities to work independently and productively with limited supervision and collaboratively as part of a team
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations
- The ability to use road maps and GPS devices
- The ability to work long hours
- Forklift driving experience is preferred, but training is available if necessary
- Yard truck driving experience is preferred, but training is available if necessary
To successfully perform the job's essential functions, the employee must be an articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possess excellent communication skills. The ability to professionally and comfortably interact with all personnel levels, including management, supervisory, etc., is vital.
The employee will work closely with personnel in their department to ensure work and problem resolution accuracy.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors with exposure to various weather conditions. May be required to utilize safety equipment and clothing to avoid exposure to chemicals, moving equipment, noise, and temperature extremes. Hard hats and other required personal protective equipment must be utilized in designated locations. Position involves frequent bending, standing, kneeling, climbing ladders, reaching below and above shoulders, and lifting objects weighing up to 50 lbs. utilizing proper lifting techniques. Wrist, hand, and finger dexterity is required to operate various equipment and materials. Accommodations may be extended to individuals with disabilities if such accommodations are determined to be reasonable and necessary to permit the performance of the essential functions of this position.
Working hours are determined by facility management to meet the needs of the business. These may include weekends and holidays.
Appropriate dress and hygiene are essential in promoting a positive J-M Farms image to our customers, both internally and externally. As a result, J-M Farms typically allows a "business casual" dress code, provided that employees are well-groomed, neat, and are dressed appropriately for their job functions. Due to the nature of some positions, jeans and tasteful shirts are allowed. Some work areas have frigid temperatures. Therefore, shirts and hoodies to keep warm are strongly encouraged. Uniforms are available to all employees at their cost payroll deducted. Hairnets, beard nets are required in all harvesting areas at all times. Hairnets, beard nets, lab coats are required in packaging areas at all times. Personal hygiene is strongly encouraged.
The above descriptions are not intended to be all-inclusive lists; rather they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. In addition, it is not intended to be construed as a contract of employment; the employment relationship can be terminated by the employer or the employee, with or without notice, at anytime.