This is a full time position with benefits. The operator will perform duties as required to work inside the mushroom growing facility at JM Farms. This position is a five day workweek averaging 45-50 hours per week depending on production needs. The operator will play an important role in the day to day operations at the growing facility.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform essential duties in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform appropriate work functions.
· Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) on the safe handling and proper use of machines, tools, and trays used for the operations
· Following SOP’s on the safe handling of hazardous chemicals and strictly adhering to the procedures
· Performing basic machine checks and maintenance as needed
· Accurate completion of daily logs and reports according to the SOP
· Adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Good Agricultural Practices (GAP’s) for food processing
· Monitoring the performance of machines
· Monitoring the application of ingredients and casing materials
· Good communication with supervisors and other employees
· Daily cleaning and organization of work areas and machines
· Other jobs as needed
· Must be at least eighteen years of age
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Must be able to work early mornings as well as weekends and holidays
· Ability to adhere closely to SOP’s
· Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty pounds
· Proven abilities to work independently and productively with limited supervision, and collaboratively as part of a team
· Self-motivation and honesty
· Forklift driving experience is preferred, but training is available if necessary
· Machine operating experience is preferred, but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The physical requirements listed below are rated on a percentage per workday basis. Reference is made according to the terms "Seldom" (1-19%), "Occasional" (20-39%), "Frequent" (40-79%), and "Continuous" (80-100%).
· STANDING/WALKING: Continuous
· SITTING: Continuous if operating a forklift, otherwise seldom
· LIFTING/CARRYING: Frequent
· PUSHING/PULLING: Frequent
· REACHING/STRETCHING: Frequent
· HANDLING: Continuous
· BENDING/STOOPING: Seldom
· KNEELING: Seldom
· CLIMBING: Seldom
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, but is intended to describe the general nature of the job, and does not restrict the manager’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. JM Farms is an agricultural farm that only pays straight time. It is a 7 day a week and 365 day a year mushroom growing operation. Benefits include health insurance, 401K, vacation, and earned time.
An Employment Application can be found below or apply in person at Penmac located at 103 E Central Suite 100 Miami, OK 74354.