Performs skilled maintenance, repair, adjustments and minor construction work in the trades to ensure that facilities are properly maintained and meet J-M Farms standards. Duties may fall into a variety of trades, including, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and heat and air.
Essential Job Functions:
This position is responsible for all of the following:
- This position is responsible for all of the following:
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on building systems, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and control systems and related components; tests system competency and component devices and evaluates performance. Assists management in planning and scheduling of preventative maintenance
- Repairs and maintains a variety of facilities systems, components and structures; repairs building plumbing, low-voltage, and line voltage electric systems, door hardware, sensors and related hardware; constructs and maintains indoor/outdoor facilities, fans, and lights
- Maintains induction and air handling units; cleans and inspects all equipment, completes filter changes, lubricates, maintains and services mechanical and refrigeration and/or cooling systems
- Performs service, troubleshoots equipment problems, and identifies when it’s appropriate for an external service provider to make repairs or perform warranty work
- Accesses and makes all levels of adjustments to computerized control systems, such as for lighting or energy management systems; and troubleshoots control system problems.
- Maintains a broad working knowledge of materials, systems and code requirements related to maintenance of J-M Farms facilities.
- Responds to J-M Farms emergencies and closures including adverse weather, to ensure that all facilities are protected and remain operational. Assists with tasks required in preparing to open after a closure including systems and equipment checks and start-up operations as assigned.
- Inspect, repair, modify and install HVAC equipment including refrigeration and air conditioning compressors, receivers, condensers, chillers, water cooling towers, forced air converter units, pumps, automatic and hand valves and capillary tubes.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) on safe handling and proper use of machines and tools used for the operations
- Adherence to Good Agricultural Practices (GAP’s) for food processing
- Regular contact with all levels of personnel throughout the organization
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
- Other tasks assigned by manager
- Professionalism, flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to learn and work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workflow.
- Regular and reliable attendance
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five years of facilities maintenance, construction, or repair experience in a commercial or industrial setting
- Proven proficiency with MS Office suite (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) a plus
- Detail-oriented, results-focused
- Valid Drivers’ Licenses (required)
To successfully perform the essential functions of the job, the employee must be an articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possess excellent communication skills. The ability to professionally and comfortably interact with all levels of personnel (including shop, management, supervisory, etc.) is vital. The employee will work closely with personnel in the Maintenance Department to ensure accuracy of work and problem resolution.
Must possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. The ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints is a must.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Work is performed both indoors and outdoors with exposure to various weather conditions. May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, noise and temperature extremes. Position involves frequent bending, standing, kneeling, climbing ladders, reaching below and above shoulders, and lifting objects weighing up to 50 lbs., while performing job duties. Wrist, hand and finger dexterity is required to operate various equipment and materials (Proper lifting techniques required.)
Work hours will be determined by facility management to meet the needs of the business.
Primary work environment includes ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional farm equipment as found in a typical farm environment. Work is generally performed through J-M Farms facilities. These situations may require the use of personal protective equipment and following Good Agricultural Practices (GAP’s) for food processing (such as hair and beard nets) is a must. Hard hats may occasionally be required.
Appropriate dress and hygiene are important in promoting a positive J-M Farms image to our customers, both internally and externally. As a result, J-M Farms typically allows a “business casual” dress code, provided that employees are well groomed, neat, and are dressed appropriately for their job function. Due to the nature of this position jeans and tasteful shirts are allowed. Hair should be clean and groomed. Groomed mustaches and beards are acceptable. Personal hygiene is strongly encouraged.