This is a full time position with benefits. The employee will perform duties as required to work inside the mushroom harvesting facilities at JM Farms. The shift is Sunday through Tuesday and every other Wednesday. The employee will play an important role in the day to day operations at the growing facility.
To perform this job successfully,the individual must be able to perform essential duties in a satisfactorymanner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,skills, and abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform appropriatework functions.
· Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)on the safe handling and proper scanning and/or stacking of product at the CropProduction Management (CPM) station.
· Ensuring that product in containers meetsquality standards
· Daily cleaning of equipment and area.
· Accurate completion of daily logs and reportsaccording to the SOP
· Adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices(GMP’s) for food processing
· Good communication with supervisors and otheremployees both within the department and with satellite harvesting facilities.
· General housekeeping duties
· Wrapping, labeling and moving pallets
· Must be at least eighteen years of age
· Must have an eye for detail
· Must be able to report to the facility where thework station is located each day. Theassigned station will change occasionally.
· Must be able to work early mornings as well asweekends and holidays
· Ability to adhere closely to SOP’s
· Proven abilities to work independently andproductively with limited supervision and collaboratively as part of a team
· Self-motivation and honesty
· Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty pounds
· Bilingual is a plus, but is not required
· Previous QA experience a plus but is notrequired.
Must be able to tolerate cold asmost scanning stations are located in coolers where the temperature is between38 and 45 degrees.
The physical demands describedhere are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. The physicalrequirements listed below are rated on a percentage per workday basis. Reference is made according to the terms"Seldom" (1-19%), "Occasional" (20-39%),"Frequent" (40-79%), and "Continuous" (80-100%).
Thework environment characteristics described here are representative of those anemployee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Thisis not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilitiesof the job described, but is intended to describe the general nature of thejob, and does not restrict the manager’s right to assign or reassign duties andresponsibilities to this job at any time. JM Farms is an agricultural farm thatonly pays straight time. It is a 7 day a week and 365 day a year mushroomgrowing operation. Benefits include health insurance, 401K, vacation, andearned time.